Thank you to everyone who participated in our annual Gingerbread House Challenge! We were blown away with how creative individuals, groups, and businesses were with their designs and submissions. Be sure to check out all the amazing gingerbread house photos on our Facebook page.
Thanks to all the entries, we were able to bless Cherry Street Mission Ministries with a donation of over $2,000!
The “before” disasters included houses damaged by fire (complete with real flames!), wind, water, mold, and a fallen tree! And the “after” masterpieces were just that – detailed, beautiful masterpieces! It was difficult for our panel of judges to pick the winners among the variety of submissions but we are happy to announce the 2017 winners in the following categories:
Most Outrageous Disaster
- Grand Prize – Cathy Haddix from Pete MacDonald State Farm Insurance Agency
- Runner-Up – Karen Gerhardinger from The Mirror Newspaper
Most Creative Rebuild
- Grand Prize – Erika Wolfenbarger from Mary Ann McBee State Farm Insurance Agency
- Runner-Up – Daughter of Chris Gouin from Dana Mathewson State Farm Insurance Agency
Most Festive, Age 12 & Under
- Grand Prize – Daughter of Amber Espinosa, Savage-McVicker Insurance, Inc.
- Runner-Up – Children of Amanda Mills, Barron Insurance Agency
PHOTO: Pictured L-R: Claire Grant Business Development and Volume Sales with Costco Wholesale of Perrysburg; Jocelyn Bostdorff of J&R Contracting; Max Lambdin, Senior Vice President of Mission Advancement at Cherry Street Mission Ministries; Patrick Wambo, Waterville Fire Department Chief; and Mike Bostdorff, J&R Contracting President